Inihaw na Pusit or Grilled Squid is a very simple recipe but it is exceptionally delicious. It is very easy to prepare so you can have it any time of day. All you have to do is look for fresh squid in the market and you can have it grilled. The fresher the squid, the more succulent your grilled squid will be.
The geography of the Philippines makes it easy to find abundant supply of seafoods because of the surrounding bodies of water that offer a wide Lambingan variety of fishes, shells, crabs, squids and many others. It is also the reason why a lot of seafood restaurants can be found from the northern islands of Luzon down to the southernmost islands of Mindanao. And of all the grilled goodies offered in the menus of these restaurants, grilled squid is one of the most popular. Once you’ve given this delightful dish a try, you will surely add it to your favorite dishes list.
- 1 teaspoon hot chili pepper (minced)
- ½ tablespoon ginger (minced)
- ½ head garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 kilo squid
- Wash the squid with water and clean well.
- Remove the black ink.
- Remove the skin and take out the film.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl then leave the squid marinated for an hour.
- Each side of the squid should be grilled for about 4 minutes.
- You can heat the remaining marinade to be used as sauce.
- You can serve with atsara as replacement of the sauce.